An infrared detox session has multiple, therapeutic benefits. Infrared saunas use heat and light to detox and heal the body. Each session removes petrochemicals, parabens, heavy metals, environmental toxins, skin care residue, pesticides, and insecticides. Beyond its ability to induce deep muscle relaxation, infrared saunas also help the body lose weight, relieve chronic pain, increase circulation, purify skin, raise core temperature, increase metabolic rate, lower blood pressure, decrease inflammation, reduce arthritis symptoms, and boost the immune system. The infrared sauna’s chromotherapy can also alleviate minor depression and give you an overall sense of well-being.
Infrared detox is recommended for all skin types and conditions, especially aging, rosacea, and acne.
How to prepare for your infrared detox session
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your session.
- Don’t eat anything at least an hour before your session.
- If you want to sweat more, take a hot shower or bath before the session.
- Do not put any lotions or oils on the body or face prior to your session.
A word to the wise
- If you are planning to use the sauna for medical reasons, please consult your doctor prior to your appointment.
- Not recommended for pregnant women or possibly pregnant women as excessive heat can cause fetal damage during the first months of pregnancy.
- Do not use drugs, alcohol, or medications before your session.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from obesity, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems or diabetes.
- If you take medication, please consult your doctor before your session.